Weight-loss Surgery Team
We assure you that we will aim for excellence at all time.
To provide the most modern and the most demanding services in the field of weight-loss surgery to all patients that need such demanding surgical procedures. We are aware that trust in experts and their kindness, when there is a need for surgical treatment, are of crucial importance. We are also aware that health and life itself are unique and priceless values for each individual.
Meet the weight-loss surgery team
A team that takes care for the patient before, during and after the surgery consists of various experts – surgeons, anesthesiologists, psychologists, dieticians and nurses.
M.D., surgeon specialist
12 years of experience – over 800 weight-loss surgeries
Why should you pick us?
Some of the achievements of the weight-loss surgery team:
- 12 years of experience. Weight-loss surgery team have been carrying out weight-loss operations since 2005.
- By May 2016 we carried out more than 1700 operations. In weight-loss surgery quantity means quality; this significantly lower a chance to have complications after surgery.
- Even 80% of our patients are women.
- Every year we perform 170 new operations.
By May 2016 we carried out many types of bariatric procedures:
- Adjustable Gastric Banding (AGB): 320 operations
- Omega loop gastric bypass: 380 operations
- Classis gastric bypass: 950 operations
- Sleeve gastrectomy: 50 operations
Number of procedures is even higher since we have to repeat some of them. We follow all the news about weight-loss surgery and our achievements can be compared to those of the world's top centers for weight-loss surgery.
Surgical treatment of excessive weight is beneficial for a patient in many ways
This could be seen as:
- Improved health condition or complete recovery from the illnesses that are connected to excessive weight (high blood pressure, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, mobility and sleep problems). This contributes to the cure of some other illnesses, e.g. infertility, which are connected to excessive weight.
- Reduced body mass which enables other procedures, e.g. orthopedic, that are successful only whit appropriate rehabilitation which obese patients are not capable of.
- Reduced body mass which not only preclude concomitant diseases but also improve quality of one's live, his or her self-image, and all of this contribute to the quality of a bariatric treatment.
Results of surgical treatment of excessive weight
During the first year after the bariatric procedure patients lose between 35 and 38 kilos, which is very good result that reflects good pre- and post-operative care as well as the procedure itself.
- Average loss of weight in patients with a gastric band is little more than a half of excessive weight.
- Patients with classic gastric bypass lose in average about 71 per cent of body mass.
- Patients with omega loop gastric band lose even 94 per cent of excessive weight during the very first year.
- More than 80 per cent of the diabetics discontinue the therapy because they don't need insulin anymore.
- Almost 80 per cent of the patients with a high blood pressure don't need therapy anymore.
- More than 90 per cent of the asthmatics discontinue or significantly reduce the therapy.
- Operated patients taking cholesterol-lowering medication can reduce the therapy for about 90 per cent.
- After weight-loss surgery rheumatoid arthritis is reduced as well as headaches.
- One third of a women who were infertile, become pregnant afer weight-loss surgery.
- Quality of life is drastically improved.